Christ the Redeemer

Our Landmarks

1866

Foundation of CMC at Koonammavu

1867

Vestition of the First Members of TOCD

1868

Religious Profession of the first Members

1871

Death of St. Chavara

1876

Departure of Fr. Leopold to Italy

1887

Establishment of Trichur and Kottayam Vicariates on the basis of rites

1888

Founding of the first branch Convent at Mutholy

1888

Entrence of St. Euphrasia In the boarding at Koonammavu

1890

Bifurcation of our Congregation (TOCD) into Two Congregations CMC and CTC according to the syrian and Latin Rites

1896

Re - Organisation of the Syrian Diocese - Trissur, Ernakulam and Chenganassery